- Ted Panken at jazz.com sits down for a talk with Bill Frisell and Ron Miles. Also on jazz.com, Ethan Iverson of The Bad Plus offers up his twelve most essential stride piano tracks, mixing in some post-World War II takes on the style with the expected selections from the catalogues of Art Tatum, Earl Hines, James P. Johnson, et al.
- Destination: OUT gives us a three-part series of posts remembering the 1980s. They linked one of my recent posts, which was nice. That's all I have to say about that.
- Over at JazzWax, Marc Myers interviews Buddy DeFranco about the 1949 Metronome All-Stars sessions.
- Earlier this month, the New York Times had a little Q-and-A for its readers with jazz critic Ben Ratliff.
- From the WBGO Blog, Robert Glasper performs "Enoch’s (Inaugural) Meditation" for President Obama.
- I watched One Night With Blue Note the other day on Netflix, and quite enjoyed the clip of Jackie McLean performing "Appointment in Ghana" with Woody Shaw, McCoy Tyner, Cecil McBee, and Jack DeJohnette:
23 January 2009
Nothing new, just links and an album cover (it is Friday, after all).