Below is a sample of what I think @Mingus would have been like. All the quotes are presented context-free, sometimes in more than 140 characters.
- They shouldn't have stopped! They're all wrong--I was right! (p. 31)
- "Fuck all you pathetic prejudiced cocksuckers," he thought. "I dig minds, inside and out. No race, no color, no sex. Don't show me no kind of skin 'cause I can see right through to the hate in your little undeveloped souls." (p. 66)
- I don't ever want to stop thinking, it's the only way I can go forward. (p. 107)
- [Fats Navarro to Mingus]: Jazz ain't supposed to make nobody no millions but that's where it's at. Them that shouldn't is raking it in but the purest are out in the street with me and Bird and it rains all over us, man.(p. 189)
- I tried being a pimp, Fats. I didn't like it. (p. 191)
- White cats take our music and make more money out of it than we ever did or do now! (p. 352)
- Someday one of us put-down, outcast makers of jazz music should show those church-going clock-punchers that people like Monk and Bird are dying for what they believe. (p. 360)